The Report Responsible Practices to Address Seven Major Risks in COVID-19 Digital Financial Transfers identifies seven heightened risks resulting from the speed and scale of COVID-19 digital transfer responses. This Report, led by the Responsible Practices Working Group, is organized by firstly, identifying global good practice, pre-COVID-19 and during COVID-19 from a range of Governments, humanitarians and other organizations implementing large scale digital transfers. Secondly, reflecting on the responsible digital payments guidelines to more deeply anchor the risks against globally recognized and implemented guidelines. Lastly, the Report identifies short-term and long-term actions that the diverse range of stakeholders involved in the payment value chain can take to mitigate the risks exacerbated in COVID-19.
The report was developed as part of the COVID-19 Global Situation Room, convened by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, with contributions from the following members of the Responsible Practices Working Group:
- Better Than Cash Alliance (convenor): Keyzom Ngodup Massally and Isvary Sivalingam
- Center for Global Development: Alan Gelb
- Innovations for Poverty Action: Rafe Mazer
- Office of the United Nations Secretary General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development: David Symington
- World Food Programme: Astrid de Valon
- World Bank G2Px Initiative: Ana Georgina Marin Espinosa (observer)